Children and Life Association (CLA) is a Cambodian child rights and village development non-government organisation. For CLA, poverty reduction begins with the protection and realisation of the rights of children. Investment in children is the best guarantee for achieving equitable and sustainable human development.
CLA’s holistic village development approach focuses on building people’s strengths, particularly in terms of their own capabilities to escape poverty.
- CLA worked in 143 villages in four districts of Prey Veng Province – Mesang, Kamchay Mear and Kampong Trabaik Districts
- CLA worked directly with 1500 families (over 5000 people)
- Over 17000 people participated in Child Rights and Child Protection awareness raising
- Child Protection Networks operate in 143 villages across four districts
- Over 1650 home vegetable gardens are producing food for families to eat and sell
- Over 850 children directly supported to attend school
- Over 10000 people participated HIV/AIDS and related health issues education sessions
- Health Support Groups are operating in 93 villages
- Villagers have formed 61 Savings Groups